When I worked in an office, I used to visit the Farmers Market
in Union Square every week and treat myself to a bouquet of flowers for my desk. In early spring, there was a farmer from New Jersey selling homegrown tulips with the most wonderful shapes and colors. As I was gazing at those gorgeous tulips one day, a little old lady walked up behind me and said “aren’t those tulips just food for the soul?” That moment stuck with me.
Here at Big Apple Florist
, we harbor the philosophy that fresh flowers truly are a necessity for good health and happiness.
AND, there’s science to back us up! Scientists constantly conduct research to understand the health benefits of flowers
, and it turns out, there may be a reason why humans have cultivated flowers for over 5,000 years.
A Few Valuable Health Benefits of Flowers:
- Flowers have an immediate impact on happiness
- Flowers have a long-term positive effect on moods
- Problem-solving skills, idea generation and creative performance improve substantially in workplace environments that include flowers and plants.
- Specifically, both men and women who work in environments with flowers and plants demonstrate more innovative thinking as compared to environments with sculpture or no decorative objects.
- Men who participated in the study generated more ideas when working in environments with flowers and plants than ones without.
- While men generate a greater abundance of ideas, the research shows that women generate more creative, flexible solutions to problems in workplace environments with flowers and plants
Our NYC weekly flower delivery service
is a great way to provide your home or office with the energizing beauty of flowers. Plus, it’s so easy to set up! Just give us a call to schedule a quick consultation, and a member of our design team will meet with you to get a sense of your location's aesthetics. Then, we’ll be able to suggest floral designs that will complement your interior décor and work within most budgets.
Remember: the health benefits of flowers are immeasurable, and improved happiness, focus and mental flexibility are only an delivery away! Call us at 212-687-3434
to schedule your own NYC weekly flower delivery, or visit our online flower shop
to browse your own sunny bouquets.
Health benefits of flowers summarized from “The Impact of Flowers and Plants on Workplace Productivity Study” conducted by Roger Ulrich, Ph.D., Behavioral Scientist, Director of the Center for Health Systems and Design, Texas A&M University in College Station & “The Emotional Impact of Flowers Study” published in the April 2005 issue of Evolutionary Psychology. Click here for the academic paper.